Friday, February 26, 2010

Men's Semi-Final

Paul & I attended the semi -final game for men's hockey today. It was USA vs Finland and we were anticipating a close, exciting game. . .

. . . pre-game warm up . . .














. . . pre-game ritual . . .














. . . a very disappointing showing by the Fins who didn't appear to even show up for the game . . . it was 6-0 USA after the first period! I felt like I was watching Canada vs Sweden in Women's Hockey all over again . . .

. . . and finally - the handshake at the end of the game (final score . . . 6-1 USA) . . . I know it was a once in a lifetime experience, but we really did expect more (and were "glad" we bought the tickets through Vanoc and only paid face value (over $200 each) for them!).