Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
Holly picked out a birthday card at the store for Daddy. She must have seen it on a show (maybe on the Disney Channel) - that "bananas are for birthdays!" The card had a lot of writing and pictures on the front, so we had to write on the back. Holly drew her usual happy face - this one is of Dad, complete with his little goatee! Then, I told her what the letters were to print "Dear Dad, Happy Birthday, Love" - she wrote all the letters by herself and then wrote her name (but I don't need to tell her how to write that). The "Happy" letters were pretty big so I told her to write the "Birthday" letters a little smaller so they would all fit on one line - she went really small! She wrote Holly going down because the Hallmark logo and barcode were in the way - clever! Daddy loved it - especially because it was the first card she wrote all by herself - not just her name.
